Key Ethanol Markets
Soybean production (size and location and value)
- In 2014 according to the US Department of Agriculture Department of Economics, Statistics, and Market information Systems there were 83,061,000 acres of soybeans were harvested in the United States (3,968,823,000 bushels), which were valued at $40,288,536,000. (USDA Website)
- Soybeans are the second-most-planted field crop in the United States after corn. More than 80 percent of U.S. soybean acreage is concentrated in the upper Midwest, although significant amounts are still planted in the historically important areas of the Delta and Southeast. (USDA)
- Top Ten Soybean producing states in 2015: Illinois 550, 480,000; Iowa 549,920,000; Indiana 284,580,000; Minnesota 379,000,000, Nebraska 291,200,000; Missouri 198,660; Ohio 239,500; South Dakota 235,060; North Dakota 190,410,00; Arkansas 161,160,000 (Statista.com)
- 2014/15 Brazil will plant 30.5 million hectares. Brazil is expected to harvest more than 90 million tons of soybeans in 2014. Brazil exported $30.96 billion in soy complex in 2013, which was the primary export sector for the year. The Midwest region of Brazil is the main producer of grain in the country, accounting for 40% of national production. (Farm Futures.com)
- In 2015 31 million hectares of Soybeans were planted in Argentina. (Inter Press Services News Agency) In Argentina 58 Billion Metric Tons of Soybeans were harvested in 2014 (Bloomberg Business Article)
Animal Feed – how much do farmers spend on animal feed each year in the world?
- Global Ruminant (Cow) feed Market stands at $140 Billion in 2013, growing at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 2.8 to reach $ 170 Billion by 2020, with South America as one of the markets leading the growth chart.
- The global Swine (Pig) feed market generated a value of $73,674.1 Million in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% by 2018.
- Broilers (Chickens) dominated the global poultry feed market in 2012 with more that half of the market shares. The globally poultry (Chicken, quails, turkey, duck, and geese) feed market is projected to generate revenues worth $252,036.2 Million and poultry feed additives is projected to generate $7,829.8 Million by 2018 growing at a CAGR of 6.1% and 6.0 % respectively by 2018. (Markets and Markets) website